Only one week left before we leave and we thought it would be fun to share with everyone our adventure to Alaska. We will try to post a new blog everyday, so check back often.
Just thought I should let you know how jealous you are making the rest of us! :) An Alaskan cruise - I have no doubt that it will be beautiful and amazing! I can't wait to see updates and pictures. Thank you for including me on this journey! Be safe and have a wonderful trip!
Lauren and I are jealous! The last frontier. What an adventure!
I plan to watch Discovery's "Deadliest Catch" every night in the hope to see you and Paul pulling in the big one.
Also, I am reminded of a fable that I think is a must know for any person venturing to Alaska.
A hunter takes a trip to Alaska in the hopes of hunting and killing one of the worlds most dangerous game....the BEAR.
Much to the hunters luck, on his first trip out he spots a gigantic bear. The hunter lines up the bear in his periscope, and fires. When he looks in his periscope he notices the bear is no longer standing so he thinks he definetly nailed him. The hunter runs over to the spot to find his kill, only to find no bear. He can't believe it, he knows he hit the bear. As the hunter is looking around, the bear taps the hunter on the shoulder and says "you were trying to kill me, weren't you?" The hunter replies "yes, but I am sorry. I now see the error of my ways".
The bear takes pity on the hunter and says "I will not kill you but I must take my revenge". With that, the bear bends the hunter over and has his way with the hunter.
The hunter is badly hurt from this experience and ends up spending a week in the hospital recovering. Upon his recovery, he decides he is going to hunt and kill the bear once again.
The hunter sets off to the same spot and as luck would have it he finds the same bear. The hunter not wanting to miss this time takes his time lining up the bear in his periscope. Once he is sure he has the bear in his target, he fires. This time he is sure he got the bear.
The hunter quickly runs over to the spot to claim his kill, only to find out the bear is not there again. As the hunter is trying to figure out what happened, the bear again taps him on the shoulder and says "hey, I know you. Your the hunter that tried to kill me a few weeks ago. Didn't you learn your lesson? Why are you trying to kill me again?" The hunter not wanting to die says he is very sorry and can't believe what he has tried to do. The bear, taking pity on the hunter says, "I won't eat you but I do have to take my revenge and this time it won't be pretty!" With that, the bear bends over the hunter and has his way with him in much more vicous circumstances.
The hunter is badly hurt from the ordeal and ends up spending months and months in the hospital recovering. While lying in bed the hunter can only think about killing that bear for once and all.
Once fully recovered, the hunter goes to the spot and tracks down the same bear. This time he is not taking any chances. The hunter lines up the bear in his periscope and lets off two shots.
The hunter is greatly excited as he knows he has finally landed his prey. The hunter runs over to the spot of the kill, but when he gets there again no bear. Just as the hunter is about to turn around he gets tapped on his shoulder by the bear. The hunter turns around and the bears sees that it is the same hunter. The bear says to the hunter "I know you, your the same hunter I met on two previous occasions. You don't coming for the hunting do you?"
Moral of the story, when in Alaska don't shoot the bears.
Have a great trip and we can't wait to see your photos and hear your stories.
Troy
PS. Keep my mum and grandma away from the Alaskan men. The ratio is something like 5 to 1, so they are bound to score.
We are going on an 11 day cruise to Alaska. We will be going with Paul's mom(Velma), his sister(Carol), his brother and sister-in-law(Phillip and Barb) and their friends the Hillarys. Our Intinery:
5/21- Leave for Vancouver
5/24- Board the ship
5/26- Ketchikan
5/27- Juneau
5/28- Skagway
5/31- Anchorage
6/02- Fairbanks
6/03- Leave for home
4 comments:
Just thought I should let you know how jealous you are making the rest of us! :) An Alaskan cruise - I have no doubt that it will be beautiful and amazing! I can't wait to see updates and pictures. Thank you for including me on this journey! Be safe and have a wonderful trip!
What a great adventure. I will be looking at the picutres. Enjoy every moment.
Linette
Lauren and I are jealous! The last frontier. What an adventure!
I plan to watch Discovery's "Deadliest Catch" every night in the hope to see you and Paul pulling in the big one.
Also, I am reminded of a fable that I think is a must know for any person venturing to Alaska.
A hunter takes a trip to Alaska in the hopes of hunting and killing one of the worlds most dangerous game....the BEAR.
Much to the hunters luck, on his first trip out he spots a gigantic bear. The hunter lines up the bear in his periscope, and fires. When he looks in his periscope he notices the bear is no longer standing so he thinks he definetly nailed him. The hunter runs over to the spot to find his kill, only to find no bear. He can't believe it, he knows he hit the bear. As the hunter is looking around, the bear taps the hunter on the shoulder and says "you were trying to kill me, weren't you?" The hunter replies "yes, but I am sorry. I now see the error of my ways".
The bear takes pity on the hunter and says "I will not kill you but I must take my revenge". With that, the bear bends the hunter over and has his way with the hunter.
The hunter is badly hurt from this experience and ends up spending a week in the hospital recovering. Upon his recovery, he decides he is going to hunt and kill the bear once again.
The hunter sets off to the same spot and as luck would have it he finds the same bear. The hunter not wanting to miss this time takes his time lining up the bear in his periscope. Once he is sure he has the bear in his target, he fires. This time he is sure he got the bear.
The hunter quickly runs over to the spot to claim his kill, only to find out the bear is not there again. As the hunter is trying to figure out what happened, the bear again taps him on the shoulder and says "hey, I know you. Your the hunter that tried to kill me a few weeks ago. Didn't you learn your lesson? Why are you trying to kill me again?" The hunter not wanting to die says he is very sorry and can't believe what he has tried to do. The bear, taking pity on the hunter says, "I won't eat you but I do have to take my revenge and this time it won't be pretty!" With that, the bear bends over the hunter and has his way with him in much more vicous circumstances.
The hunter is badly hurt from the ordeal and ends up spending months and months in the hospital recovering. While lying in bed the hunter can only think about killing that bear for once and all.
Once fully recovered, the hunter goes to the spot and tracks down the same bear. This time he is not taking any chances. The hunter lines up the bear in his periscope and lets off two shots.
The hunter is greatly excited as he knows he has finally landed his prey. The hunter runs over to the spot of the kill, but when he gets there again no bear. Just as the hunter is about to turn around he gets tapped on his shoulder by the bear. The hunter turns around and the bears sees that it is the same hunter. The bear says to the hunter "I know you, your the same hunter I met on two previous occasions. You don't coming for the hunting do you?"
Moral of the story, when in Alaska don't shoot the bears.
Have a great trip and we can't wait to see your photos and hear your stories.
Troy
PS. Keep my mum and grandma away from the Alaskan men. The ratio is something like 5 to 1, so they are bound to score.
Don't worry about your house and stuff while you're gone. It's all taken care of......Trust me.
Post a Comment